Thursday 14 November 2013

Wheel Away

When it comes to Stampin' Up's wheel stamps I like to remove them from the wheel, attach them to some foam backed mount and use them like standard stamps. (If you look closely, there is a join/seam, cut this carefully with a craft knife and peel away from the wheel) I find them easier to use but one problem I had was that all my clear mount blocks weren't long enough, I tried different things including using a new big shot plate but the large size of this made it a bit difficult.  One day I had a lightbulb moment (doesn't happen very often, unfortunately!) I had a clear ruler lying on my desk and I thought I would try that, sure enough, it worked! So if you don't normally look at the wheel stamps, take a fresh look now and get out those rulers!

Here's a bright, sunny card I made using the lovely gingham wheel to remind you of warmer days.  I love these colours together, pistachio pudding, calypso coral and crisp cantaloupe, so clean and fresh.



Hope you decide to try this out, let me know if it works for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment