Tuesday 27 October 2015

New twist using the Woodland Embossing Folder

Good morning everyone, I'm sure all you crafters are busy working away on all your Christmas projects. I have been busy designing all my Christmas classes and I have been loving the Woodland embossing folder, just can't stop using it! However today I wanted to share a card using it that is not for Christmas! 

My lovely downline, Gillian, recently promoted and I wanted to make her a really special card to celebrate all her hard work and here it is.




Would you like to know how I created all the sparkle and Shimmer? Great, it's so easy! Firstly I swiped my Versamark pad across the inside of the folder, on the side that has the writing on the front. Put my piece of Pink Pirouette card into it and ran it through the big shot then I sprinkle it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated with my heat gun.  The little wooden congrats sentiment was also given the embossing treatment, I again used Versamark, I pressed the congrats into the pad this time, then I sprinkled it with our Heat & Stick powder and heated it. This makes the surface nice and stickly, so when I sprinkled the very sparkly silver glitter on it, it stuck really well. I  then finished it off with another blast of the heat gun to heat set the glitter so it doesn't fall off.

Hope you give this technique a try and see how easy but affective it is, try it using card in other colours! I'll be sharing my October thank you cards and gifts soon, please come back to see those.


No comments:

Post a Comment