Wednesday 7 October 2015

Hide and Seek Christmas Elf

Good evening, I'm just back from a little break in sunny climes to set myself up before Winter here in Northern Ireland begins. Although at the minute it is still very nice, cooler but lovely bright and sunny days, long may they last!

I got the inspiration for today's card from some fellow American demos, don't know if they were shown this at their convention but it's a great idea, I'll be sharing a few other ideas soon. This one uses the Woodland Textured Impressions embossing folder (139673) and it is a large size folder too and only costs £7.75! A bargain because there is so much you can do with it, obviously it makes a great background but it can be used for so much more, watch this space!



Basically you stamp directly onto the embossing folder (on the side that has the writing on the front) pop in your piece of card, run it through your Big shot and the image comes out looking like it's behind the trees, easy, try it! I choose to use this wee Elf image as it looks like they are playing hide and seek amongst the trees.  I coloured them in afterwards and used sponge daubers to get colour on the trees and background. I used the new fine tipped glue pen around the branches and sprinkled on lots of glitter, sorry that doesn't show up well in the photo.


I'll share some more ideas soon, using this great embossing folder, so please come back and visit for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment