Sunday 6 October 2013

A Sweet Birthday

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, quite an Indian Summer here in Northern Ireland, we even managed a BBQ on Saturday!

I made this pretty birthday card for my sister who was going on holiday to celebrate her special day, I wanted to give her some euros to treat herself while she was away.  I folded an A4 sheet of whisper white to make a pocket inside, this also hides where the ribbon is glued. The sentiment is from a lovely set called Cycle Celebration (page 10 of main catalogue). The ribbon is a retired one in Old Olive satin. I used the speckled stamp from Gorgeous Grunge (page 109 of the catalogue) beneath the flowers.  This is a great stamp set for adding a little something to a card, will make great snow effects for my Christmas cards!

Below is a photo of the inside of the card showing the pocket. I didn't stamp a sentiment inside, just a pansy, as I wanted to leave the space to write a little note. I also added a strip of Polka Dot Parade dsp in Old Olive.

        That's all for now folks
           


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your fabulous blog Sharon and it's a real treat to see some of your amazing projects. The wreath and the autumnal gift set you've made took my breath away and I should think your sister was delighted with her little gift card too! Take care and look forward to catching up with you at Convention, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Vicky! Looking forward to catching up with you at convention xx

      Delete
  2. Yet another fab card Sharon. Wish I had a sister like you !! Love the pocket idea. Don't know how you constantly come up with such lovely ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sharon, beautiful card as always and love the pocket idea, will definitely have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete