Wednesday 19 November 2014

Wedding invitation

Hello there, sorry I haven't posted in awhile but over the last few months I have been working, along with my daughter, on her wedding.  Any of you who have done this for a family member will know that it takes over your life! I've thoroughly enjoyed it though and I am happy to let you see what I made. My daughter wanted a rustic/vintage wedding and she got married in a beautiful barn in the middle of the countryside. 
















Firstly I had a stamp made online of their names as I wanted to heat emboss it with cherry cobbler embossing powder rather than just print it off from the computer, it looked lovely and made it more special.  I used Stampin' Up products where I could including their Kraft card for the card base and layer, also the tag on the front of the box with the recipient's name on it.  I choose to put the invite into a box, mainly to protect it but also so we could tie a nice ribbon around it (Stampin' Up's chevron 132982) and add one of the very vintage cream buttons tied on with twine.

The printed words "wedding invitation" were computer generated and I die cut the little tag using Hearts a Flutter thinlit die (130159) and finished it off nicely using twine tied around the lace.

I have lots more projects from the wedding to show you so come back soon for those.




No comments:

Post a Comment